Kids at Their Best currently has three programs which are designed to help our kids grow into community conscious and successful adults. From ages 6-20, our kids will express themselves and learn through our summer programs, learn how to find their voice and gain work experience through TNT, and get the tools they need to succeed in college through c4 Academy.
The biggest strength of our programs is that they feed into each other through a holistic process. This starts with our summer programs which work to give kids a safe place to hang out and learn with other kids in their community. As our kids get older, they are able to join TNT which allows them to not only take on a leadership roll within their community, but to then work the summer programs they attended as kids. This hands-on work experience then helps them gain the confidence and skills to succeed after they graduate high school. Our kids who have now been accepted to college serve as both a role model for our younger kids and as ambassadors for our organization.
Of course, we do have a few projects that don't fit quite as neatly into this system; however, that doesn't make them any less exciting for important for our kids to participate in.
Our summer meals and enrichment programs are designed for kids ages 6-11. Working within four separate Morgan County communities, we provide not Only enrichment programs but free meals though our day camps. With the help of a professional artist and author, we have designed a unique summer curriculum which includes:
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) Lessons
- Science experiments, building activities, and farm science that encourages curiousity
- Mobile Library
- one day a week is dedicated to allowing students to read and learn at their own pace
- Art Projects
- from drawing to painting to ceramics these projects encourage creativity while teaching art history
- Sports and Games
- we also have water games once a week to help stay cool this hot summer
- Community Picnics
- celebrate the end of the summer with a community picnic
- Local History Lessons
- from geography to weather to Native Americans, we cover it all
Want to be a part of our summer programs? See where we go!
Fort Morgan, CO 80701
304 Landmark Drive,
Fort Morgan, CO 80701
West 2nd Ave
Wiggins, CO 80654
109 Maine St,
Log Lane Village, CO 80705
Programs are from 10-1 Monday through friday.
Breakfast is served at 9:30 and Lunch is at 11:30.
These programs run rain or shine
From 12-17, our kids are able to join TNT (Tweens and Teens) - a year long enrichment program designed to build confidence and leaderships skills. This gives our kids a chance to make a real difference in their community by becoming role models and leaders in their own right. Our TNT kids are currently working on networking with other groups across Northeast Colorado to create a regional teen leadership team.
- Weekly Meetings: Our teens meet once a week to discuss everything from upcoming projects to homework to relationships. It gives them a chance to not only make a difference, but make lifelong friends.
- Retreats at Breckenridge: Twice a year, our TNT leaders take a week to build up their leadership, trust, and problem solving skills at a retreat. They are also pushed out of their comfort zones and into the great outdoors with ropes courses, hikes, and camping. Leaders are required to maintain a certain GPA and attendance record to participate.
- Community Projects: TNT has participated in local conferences, raised awareness about poverty in Morgan County, and volunteered to raise money for local charities.
- Networking: TNT has had the opportunity to meet prominent community members, politicians, and business owners across Colorado.
You can also check out a video out TNT group did in 2016, here!
c4 Academy is a program designed to help teens and young adults (17-20) make the transition from high school to college or the workforce. We have a variety of programs, lessons, and opportunities available to help local students take their first steps into the world such as:
- Online College 101 (In Process): Short videos and booklets to help kids and parents navigate choosing the right degree, right college, and right classes, as well as the application process and financial aide. There is a special section just for DACA students too!
- Girl's STEM Day: An all day conference which exposes girls to the STEM field from local experts in areas ranging from fire science, to 3D printing, to DNA.
- Government Days: Kids are given the opportunity to visit the statehouse and meet prominent politicians and lawyers as they learn how laws are made and the legal process works.
- Internship Opportunities: Kids At Their Best partners with local business and college throughout the Northeast to provide internships and professional experiences to high school and college students.
- Dropout Program: A region wide initiative to help dropout students receive their GED.
Our speech program is designed to teach elementary and middle school students to be comfortable with their own voice and point of view. They are given a prompt and taught how to write their own speeches and gain public skills. These speeches are given in an event open to the public.
Kids At Their Best has been involved in multiple community projects throughout the years including:
Broncos Day: Kids At Their Best hosted members of the Denver Broncos to come out to Morgan County to encourage kids to get outside and get active.
Mobile Food Truck: Our TNT kids spent a year running a mobile food truck which provided food to local communities who were unable to travel to the county food bank.
Kaboom! Playgrounds (In Process): We are partnering with local communities and national organizations to build state-of-the art parks for children, families, and the elderly alike.